Saturday, March 31, 2007

Half Baked

Two cakes and 80 cookies.

That's what I did last night--I baked two cakes and 80 cookies (40 chocolate chip and 40 sugar).

Today we're having a rummage/bake sale to raise money for my choirs, so I decided to support my kids the best I could--by strapping on the oven mitts and channelling Betty Crocker. My apartment still smells like a bakery (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

I have a lovely carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (complete with little icing carrots) and a French vanilla cake with vanilla frosting, which I decorated with little music notes. The cakes were the big projects, as I made them in round pans and had to frost the sides and all that. The cookies are those ready-made ones. Just take them out of the wrapping, plunk them down on the cookie sheet, and bake. Easy. I didn't have the time or energy for homemade.

I also managed to load a few rummage sale items in my car, keep my kitchen clean, and get to bed at a decent hour. Now I'm up at 6:30 on a Saturday, waiting for my hair to dry. I rolled out of bed at 5:30 (horrifying!!) and I have to be at school at 7:30.

I have more stories and some pictures to share, so I'll be updating at another point, either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how exhausted I am from selling baked goods and rummage all day.

Cheers!

No comments: