Thursday, November 09, 2006

Long Weekend (Yay!!)

So tomorrow is Veteran's Day, and I have a long-awaited, much-needed day off. What's a gal going to do on her three-day weekend? A long-overdue visit to the Sac area, that's what!

It's been a busy few weeks, of course (notice how slow this poor LPB has been?). Just this week alone, I've had meetings and evening commitments to keep track of. On Sunday night I drove to nearby Clayton to hear a colleague play and sing. Monday found me in an after-school meeting about a student until 4:00, then hustling over to Schooner's Bar and Grill for Full Moon Fever--a monthly event in which staff members gather at Schooner's for food and drink. It's always a good time.

Grades were due on Tuesday, so I spent a lot of time Monday and Tuesday morning getting those put into the system.

Tuesday after school we had grade-level meetings, which kept us there for a little while. Yesterday found me in another after-school meeting, then coming home for a couple of hours before going back to school yet again for a Drum Line meeting at 6:00. After the meeting, I walked downstairs to the theater and saw opening night of the fall play, Much Ado About Nothing. A few of my choir students are in it, and they did a fantastic job.

Today will be busy yet again. After school the Gospel Choir will meet in my room, and tonight I'll be going back to school for the last home game of the football season. Our varsity team is undefeated, so everyone do a little bit of finger-crossing for our Wolverines! (Oh, and I've just learned that a wolverine is not, as I had suspected, a lady wolf but actually a member of the weasel family. Huh.)

So yes, it's been a busy week! Lots going on, as ever. So this weekend home will be fun--sometimes it's just good to get out of town for a few days. I'll sleep in tomorrow (when one is used to getting up at 5:30, 7:00 is sleeping in!) before heading up the road.

Friday night I'll be having dinner with Katie, and Saturday night is blocked off for a possible girl's night with Heather. It will be great to see Mom and Dad, and also the Terrible Torties.

Gah! It's time to dry my hair and put on my war paint and head off to work...

Cheers!

Meg

No comments: