Thursday, November 09, 2006

Friday Night Lights--> UN-DE-FEAT-ED!!

That's right--UNDEFEATED!!

Tonight I went to the last home game of the regular season, which our varsity won in a rather decisive fashion. How 'bout 41-0? This makes us 10-0 in league play and next weekend we will host a playoff game.

I grew up in the 49ers heyday of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. I once idolized guys like Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, Steve Young. To say that I love a good football game is an understatement. And yet, because of NASCAR, I just don't watch it enough anymore. It's a shame really. But then, watching football on TV just isn't the same as being there--especially under the lights. Somehow, the lights make it so much more exciting.

I think its safe to say that next Friday night will find me basking in the flourescent glow of Friday Night Lights, cheering like mad and crossing my fingers (I do it without thinking) for a fantastic young team. Go Wolverines!!

No comments: