Monday, October 09, 2006

Just What I Needed...

A girl's night with Heather!

Heather drove down to Antioch on Saturday to have a Girl's Movie Night with me. I think, for both of us, it was just what the doctor ordered. I am so glad we were able to get together. It had been almost two months since we'd seen each other!

Of course, there was much girl talk, and a few moments of hilarity (I have a rather disturbing habit of taping things to my butt...). There was good food (Indian curry) and plenty of vodka Lemon Drops. We had Paul Bettany (adorable Brit in Wimbledon) and a young, shirtless Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman. Good times!

On Sunday we had lunch at Mimi's and a short but effective shopping spree at a local mall. Then Heather had to get on the road back to Sacramento.

So yes, my weekend was just what I needed--a break from thinking about school and a chance to catch up with a friend. Next weekend I'm off to Napa to see Summer. Good times!

No comments: