Friday, July 14, 2006

LPB Times Reports: Friday Morning

Because I haven't done one of these in a while...

But does it melt in your mouth?

Scientists have been working hard. They haven't yet found a cure for AIDS or cancer, but they have found a melt-resistance chocolate. I would say, "Well done," except that Mom had an excellent point:

"What I want them to create is a chocolate that doesn't stick to my fat cells."

Well said, Mom. Well said.

Boldly going where no spatula has gone before...

NASA has launched a spatula--yes, a spatula, into space. Not on purpose, though. It seems it escaped from an astronaut's tool belt and is now orbiting the earth.

Yes folks, we have a spatula orbiting the planet. Want to impress people at the next party you go to? Share that little tidbit with them.

On a more serious note

Barbaro, the amazing colt who streaked to victory in the Kentucky Derby, only to break down at the Preakness, has laminitis, a serious infection in his non-injured foot, caused by putting too much weight on it.

Horses, for all of their speed and power on the track, are actually very delicate. They must be able to bear weight evenly on all four hooves, or they can get infections like laminitis and die. This is why Barbaro's broken leg was so serious in the first place.

His vet says his condition is very serious--I only hope that Barbaro has one big victory left in him.

Where should I stop for lunch today?

Imagine you're driving to a meeting, or sitting in a taxi, or, perhaps, driving an ambulance to an emergency, when the lights start flashing, the bells start dinging, and the barrier arms come down as a long train approaches.

I lived very near the train tracks in Chico for five years, so I'm used to this (even made me late for class once or twice). But never in all my time there, did I ever see that train stop...for lunch.

New House Pics

I'm finally getting around to sharing them, and in my new prefered mode, no less: video montage! Here's some shots of Mom and Dad's new place. I took them on move-in day, so obviously, it's a lot more put-together now.

Create your own video at One True Media


I'll post more pics one of these days!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: