Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Be Vewy, Vewy Quiet...

I'm hunting wabbits! But the only shooting I'm doing is with my Kodak EasyShare.

We Have a Wesident Wascally Wabbit!

Mom and I were in the kitchen working on a puzzle a few minutes ago when Mom said, "Hey, there's a rabbit in our yard!" Never one to miss a Kodak moment, I ran for my camera, and managed to get a couple of okay pics of the little critter munching on our lawn.

Our wesident wabbit is very cute, indeed, with fabulous ears. Without further ado, here he is (keep in mind that these were taken through the window):





Isn't he adorable? We knew he was around, because there have been wabbit dwoppings in our back yard, but we hadn't seen him yet. I suppose, even in a heat wave, a wabbit's gotta make a living, doc.

Speaking of Wild Animals...

We recently got window coverings installed and they look great. Mom got huge shutters for the sliding glass door in the living room, and they really block out the late-afternoon sun. When open, they also provide a handy place for bird-watching:





Psychopathic Mouse Murderers

Last September, when Heather came to visit me in Washington, she brought the newest members of my family (Bella and Duchess) gifts. One of these gifts was a black and red mouse toy with feathers shooting out it's backside. Knowing the Kindergatos and Millie as well as I do, I knew the toy would be a hit.



Surprisingly, after the Terrible Two got their paws on it, it is still around, and still bringing joy to their lives, even though it is beyond dead.



See the red bit in the picture above? That was the head. The stuffing is gone, the mouse is torn in two, the feathers are long since digested, and "Heather's Toy" is still causing a sensation.

What is THAT?!?



That, my friends, is what happens when you take a slightly chubby cat with extra-long hair rolling around on your bed. Yes, indeed. That is her tummy.

Go, Go, Barbaro!!

The Kentucky Derby winner is hanging on, thanks to state-of-the-art care and what seems to be a smart equine head. Mom and I have commented throughout his recovery that he seems to know that the vets are trying to help him. Click here for a picture of him in his sling (it's too big for my blog).

Mom and I check the updates daily, and though he is most definitely not out of the woods yet (he got laminitis, and often-fatal infection in his non-injured back foot), he is continuing to fight. What a spectacular horse.

And that's all for today!

No comments: