Sunday, June 04, 2006

Holy Cow!

So I took all of those CDs that I've downloaded to my iPod to the Wherehouse store in Silverdale yesterday. There were about 10 they couldn't take, but the most of the other, I dunno 30-40 (I didn't count) they were able to buy from me. I chatted with the guy behind the counter while he scanned them all and inspected for scratches.

Finally, he was finished and he said, "That'll be one thirty-eight."

I knew he couldn't mean "one dollar and thirty-eight cents." Therefore, I figured I'd heard him wrong. I looked up to see him staring expectantly at me, waiting for me to say either, "Okay!" or "That's it?!?" Instead I asked, "I'm sorry, how much?"

"One hundred, thirty-eight dollars."

He received another few seconds of blank stare before I said, "Really?!? Um, yeah, okay, great. Wow." He just smiled and we completed the transaction. I walked out of the store a few minutes later with $138 in my wallet, took a hard right, and walked straight to Barnes and Noble.

I didn't spend all of that money there, and I still actually have a good bit of it left, even after a quick trip to Target.

One hundred thirty-eight dollars!! For a bunch of used CDs. How cool is that?

No comments: