Thursday, December 01, 2005

With Apologies to the Original

To the tune of Jingle Bells:

Drivin' through the snow
In a golden Protege
O'er the roads I go
Gawping all the way

People tailgate
Because I am so slow
But I am from the Golden State--
I've never drove in snow~

Oh!

Snow and Ice, it's so nice
If you are inside
On the road, it's so cold
Be careful not to slide...

Hey!

Snow and Ice, it's so nice
If you are inside
On the road, it's so cold
Be caaaaarrrreful not toooooo sliiiiiiide!


Yes, my friends and faithful blog readers...it is snowing! It started while I was preparing for my class, so of course I could hear hyper kids running around the hallways at lunch time. It didn't stick much, but now it is starting to.

Until England, of course, I had never lived in snow. It was a nice introduction to it--because I didn't have to drive, just walk. Now I'm back on the roads and today I was thinking, "Heh, how about that. I've never actually driven in snow..." But I made it home okay and now I can relax for a bit in the warm house, updating my blog, while Millie purrs, lies on my hands and sucks on my sweater. I know she's not the only cat who does this.

But anyway, now that I have my beloved Vivitar back, I am, of course, carrying it with me in my purse. So I took some pics. Here they are:

Home Sweet Home from inside the car (hey, it's cold out there!):

Our back deck:

The bird feeder:

Behind us (the ravine, pond, etc):

The view from my bedroom (it's getting even whiter now):

Lovely, isn't it? Wish I could say I am staying home tonight with hot tea and a good book, but alas, Mervyn's needs me. Until 10:30. I guess I'll be driving sloooowly. The good news is I don't have school tomorrow. : )

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: