Friday, November 04, 2005

Oh, the Bliss...

I'm going to Target!!

Everyone knows by now that Target is pretty much my favorite store on the planet. You walk in, get lost among aisles and aisles of stuff you need (toothpaste, deodorant, feminine hygiene products), stuff you want (books, CDs, DVDs, clothing), and stuff you really don't need but can't resist buying anyway (holiday stuff, cute handbags, junk food). All of these wonderful things at low prices! It's heaven.

My first visit to Target upon returning to the States was a near-religious experience. I swear I heard angels singing as I passed through those fire engine red automatic doors.

My life has been devoid of Target runs for about six weeks now. I have passed it on my way to Mervyn's, gazing longingly at this massive gray structure, the infamous red sign. I have thought of all the wonderful things inside, just crying for me to come in, have a look, maybe buy a few.

It is hell, my friends, pure hell, not having money. Not being able to go to Target (why go if you can't buy anything?).

But today, I have money. Not a lot of money, but enough to waltz into Target and buy deodorant, shower gel, a couple other things I need, and maybe even a book. I plan to give myself plenty of time to stroll up and down the aisles, absorbing everything. My five-hour shift at Mervyn's tonight will be made easier because I get to go to Target first.

I am not this much of a shopping nut usually, but Target is just one of those places I love.

Speaking of shopping and paychecks, I have grand plans for next weekend. I get my second Mervyn's paycheck next Friday and it will be quite a bit bigger than the first. There's a pair of shoes at Mervyn's and a darling tweed jacket (you can dress it up, you can dress it down--perfect!) at J.C. Penney's, both of which have my name on them.

Ahh, retail therapy.

That said, I'll be experiencing some retail hell this weekend (5 hours of it tonight and 5 hours tomorrow--still don't know about Sunday) so if I don't find random stuff to write about in my LPB (Little Pink Blog), you'll know it's because I'm doing any one of the following:

a. Selling towels and sheets and dishes and Christmas stuff.
b. Feverishly working on lesson plans.
c. Watching Saturday's 4 episodes of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (and the two I'm taping this afternoon).
d. Sprawled across my bed with the covers over my head, growling at anyone (human or feline) who dares to disturb me.

Have a great weekend...

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: