Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Big Day in Kittygarten...and Other Random News and Thoughts

The Kindergato Rite of Passage

Both babies were spayed today. Mom took them to Oak Bay Animal Hospital this morning and left them. We've had plenty of cats, and we know that spaying an animal is a routine procedure, but it is so hard sending a baby animal off to have its tummy cut into.

Both girls made it through just fine, and we have now brought them home to rest and recover. No resting, here, though! They're wired at the moment, though I'm sure any minute now they'll crash on the sofa.

Everyone at Oak Bay loved our girls. Apparently they were in the same cage in recovery and cuddled the whole time.

The most tragic thing is that they had to shave off Duchess' tummy fuzz. Hope it grows back quickly, 'cause her tummy fuzz is adorable.

When a NASCAR Addiction Goes Too Far

I love NASCAR. I watch every weekend, I read the message boards. I think some of those guys are pretty hot.

That said, I also have a job. And hobbies. And a family. And a LIFE.

People who have the time, energy or desire to keep track of this stuff are in serious need of an intervention.

I found this linked on the blog of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s publicity guy. He calls it "totally creepy."

I concur.

Where's Your Spot?

Heather sent me this in an email a week or two ago. I took the survey and found out what my Top Spots are. Turns out, when I'm in the USA, my top spots are mostly in the Pacific Northwest or New England. My top 5 are:

Eugene, Oregon The Emerald City


Corvallis, Oregon Heart of the Willamette Valley


Olympia, Washington The Evergreen Capital


Seattle, Washington The Emerald City


Providence, Rhode Island New England’s Best Kept Kept Secret


I thought that was funny, that my top spots are very much what I'm living in. Olympia and Seattle are both within 50 miles of here.

Of course, when considering my top spots out of the USA, I don't need a survey to tell me that England is Number 1.

Meg's Newest Addiction

Since I've been back Stateside (two-and-a-half months now...blimey!), I've noticed that my Dad has an addiction to all of those crime-solver shows. His big favorites are the Law and Order franchise, Cold Case, Without a Trace, CSI, CSI New York, and CSI Miami.

Most of these I can take or leave, but I've always loved the Lennie Briscoe Law and Order shows. I was so sad when Jerry Orbach died last winter.

Anyway, I've become addicted to Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. It's on USA channel every day at 4:00, and I've been tuning in lately.

I also like Cold Case. They use flashbacks and music really creatively and it's a very compellling show.

Oops! I'm That Desperate for Publicity!

Nothing Britney does anymore surprises me. Her poor kid...

I'm also disturbed by the whole TomKat thing, but that's another subject for another blog...

And that's that for today. Dinner's ready so I'm off to eat chicken and dumplings while reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: