Monday, June 06, 2005

Another Monday, Blah, Blah, Blog

Cough, Cough

Got a cold. Yuck.

The good news is I seem to be feeling better today, so hopefully it's on its way out. Meanwhile, I'm popping decongestant pills like mad.

I am Bridget Jones

My friend Donna is getting married at the end of July. Her hen night (bachelorette bash) is July 2. The theme is to dress up as your favorite TV, movie or music idol and hit the town. I was having a hard time thinking who to dress up as when it suddenly hit me this weekend...Bridget Jones! So what if she's fictional?

I'm going to wear a cream-colored sweater, black bra and tiny black skirt. I'm also going to carry around a self-help book and maybe a picture of Colin Firth.

Sometimes I amaze even myself. *chuckle*

Two Months

I've set a date, so to speak.

August 5th, one week before my birthday. That is two months from yesterday. I think I'll cry now...

Actually, I'm okay. Sad, yes, but I'm handling it well enough. I have a lot of stuff to look forward to, like being Bridget, and going to the Royal Ballet this weekend. I plan to do and see as much as I possibly can this month.

Cute Shoes!

I love new shoes. I really do. I probably shouldn't have bought these, seeing as how I'll just have to lug them all home 2 months from yesterday. But I could not resist these shoes.




And they're perfect for work...

Productive is NOT My Middle Name...

I have done about 15 minutes worth of lesson planning today. I guess it's the cold, but I have not felt like doing anything...though during one of my frees and part of lunch I did manage to go to the post office, the chemist and the photo place (all in one building so that's not that hard, really) and the co-op.

I have a staff meeting to go to after school (ooh, goodie) and I didn't want to have to walk all the way to town after that. I want to go home and sit on my keister with some tea.

Speaking of Tea

Do yourself a favor. Learn from my mistakes.

Don't drink 6 cups of tea on a Sunday afternoon and expect to sleep well that night. If the caffiene doesn't keep you up, the constant trips to the toilet (including one really annoying and necessary trip at 4:30 this morning) will.

Harry Potter Withdrawl

Right, who else is ready for book number 6? I can hardly wait, except that I don't want the time to fly by too quickly. I just finished re-reading the first 5 books and I am in some serious withdrawl. I fill the time by having long, detailed discussions with Kathy, who is always happy to speculate and wonder and be impatient for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince right along with me.

And the next movie! I can't wait to see what they do for Goblet of Fire.

Speaking of, I found some photos:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330373/photosites

These are better (and there's 2 pages):

http://www.filmstarts.de/bilder/kritiken/Harry%20Potter%20und%20der%20Feuerkelch/

Suppose That's All for Today

So I'll sign off...

Cheers!

Meg

No comments: