Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Mmm...salad.

And I'm not being a smartass.

In my attempt to improve my weight, mood and overall health, I am improving my diet. The Jaffa cakes I had last night were a reward, darn it!

Seriously though. I never thought I'd thoroughly enjoy a salad at lunch time. Normally after a morning of kids, kids, kids, it's more like, "hand me the chocolate and I won't tear your head off." But here I am at lunch time, eating leafy greens, green bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, and feta cheese doused in basalmic vinigar and olive oil (with a hint of mustard). Yum!

I think one of my biggest problems this last term was comfort eating. We all do it, don't we? Bad day? Have some chocolate. PMS? Have some chocolate. And fries. Bratty students? Have some chocolate. And fries. And ice cream.

But this healthy eating thing has it's benefits.

Besides, I don't feel guilty when I have a few Jaffa cakes for dessert after a long day of healthy eating. Jaffa cakes, for you poor souls who haven't had them, are little shortcake biscuits with a small dot of orange marmalade and a chocolate covering over that.

In other good news, I went to the co-op yesterday and I did not buy any Minstrels! I was sorely tempted. I even picked up a bag and put them back. Minstrels are like M&Ms but better.

Right. I hope you all have eaten, otherwise, I'm making you hungry! : )

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: