Monday, February 28, 2005

Songs That are Currently Stuck in my Head (and the Reasons Why):

Wild World by Cat Stevens

Oooh, baby, baby it's a wild world...

Except that I substituted "white" for "wild" yesterday when I woke up to a good 2-3 inches of snow outside my bedroom window. Beautiful! Unfortunately, it was starting to really melt away by then (it was Sunday and I had a bit of a lie-in with a good book I was reading).

I did get a few pictures of Kathy's garden all covered in white, though. Very pretty.

Just Another Manic Monday by the Bangles

Just another manic Monday (Oh, Oh)
I wish it was Sunday (Oh, Oh)
That's my fun day (Oh, Oh-oh)
My I-don't-have-to-run day...(Oh, oh-oh)
Just another Manic Monday!


Yeah. Another one of those. Welcome back to school Megan. You've pissed off one of your co-teachers. So I don't have to type it all out, this is what I emailed Kathy:


Then she tells me that a teacher came to her on Friday before break asking, "Does Megan know who I am???" Of course, at this point, I'm thinking to myself, "Yes, he's an overgrown Baboon Man with too much ego and not enough class, who sleeps with anything female and talks too loud."

Apparently, the day before he came to her venting about me not being in my place, he was extremely offended when I made him look the fool in front of his students.

I had to search my memory to even remember, then I got it. His year 10s were leaving an assembly in the canteen, and my year 7s were trying to line up for a music lesson. The year 10s were pushing and bullying the year 7s. My year 7s weren't all acting appropriately and I was calling ALL of the students on it. When Caz walked by I told him what was going on, and that the year 10s were pushing littler kids around.

Apparently, this is knocking him as a teacher.


And what I wrote to Heather:

Anyway, other than that I'm in decent enough spirits. I sat through our Monday morning briefing thinking, "Fine! I'll just move to Seattle, then!!" But I'm not going to let one over-egoed jerk get me down.

I refuse to be insulted by him!!


I'll Stand By You by Girls Aloud

...Just because that's what I had in the CD player this morning as I got ready.

Strong by Robbie Williams

You think that I'm strong
You're wrong, you're wrong...


Okay, normally I pride myself on being a strong gal but today I'm a bit cranky and irritable and teary. It's all hormone-related and as soon as this has passed, no doubt I'll be my strong, cheery, shiny happy self (which makes me think of REM's Shiny Happy People). But until then I'm going to allow myself a few minutes of sulking on top of the two Panadol (cramps) and two Dayquil (cold) I have taken today.

Now--I feel better having vented and I only have to get though lunch, 5th period, and a 6th Form staff meeting (which are always a bit more fun than other meetings because everyone on the 6th Form team is really cool) and then I can go home! After the co-op, that is. I need Feta cheese (of all things).

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: