Thursday, January 13, 2005

I have nothing to talk about...

...but wanted everyone to know I'm alive.

I have been slowly, slowly, slowly getting over this cold/flu/slice of hell. Needless to say, sitting around typing in my blog (or email, don't hate me!!) hasn't been high on my list of priorities. No, that coveted spot has gone to sleeping, drinking tea, sleeping, surviving through the day at work, sleeping, hot showers (lots of steam), sleeping, popping Day Nurse and Night Nurse and a little bit of sleeping.

I'm gaining my strenghth back but I think I'm going to need one more weekend sitting on my butt to get back to somewhere near my normal self.

It's always fun teaching when you have little or no voice left--on Tuesday I ended up so scratchy that I decided on Wednesday I would battle the dryness with water. Lots of water.

By morning break on Wednesday I was nearly shoving the poor kids out of my classroom to make it to the ladies on time. Have I learned nothing from my Seattle-San Francisco flight??

Anyway, tomorrow is a non-student day. We are meeting with parents of the students in our mentor groups (those that are interested in coming, anyway). I have about 7 parents coming in, so that will be a light load. The rest of the day will be spent planning a scheme of work for General Studies with the rest of the Sixth Form team. Since the Sixth Form team are some of my favorite people in the school, that's a nice prospect. And did I mention no students?

Happy thought, indeed.

I might add (very quickly) that Friday Five, a class that had shown so much improvement, plummeted last week and greatly resembled a circus...so we start back at Square One.

This time, I'm ready for 'em (evil laugh).

All for today.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: