Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A First (in England, anyway)

Turns out a year 9 girl's father has called the school to complain about a few teachers. Apparently the maths teacher never assigns homework, someone else doesn't do something-or-other, and the music teacher only talks about America.

What a laugh!!

Half the time, kids are raising their hands in the middle of my lessons and when I call on them, I get, "Miss, in America..." and I always respond with, "We're not talking about America right now, we're talking about rhythm/pitch/singing/whatever."

Of course, it could be that this little girl is confused by the fact that I speak in an American accent. I mean, that is "talking American" but it's not "talking about America."

Apparently, Daddy is upset because his daughter is musically gifted and I talk about America. My faculty leader just came in to talk about it with me (she knows I am actually teaching, as does the Head) and we put together a list to give to Daddy about all of the lessons I have been teaching his daughter's class. I have written work and everything--a rhythm she composed, a music vocabulary sheet...

Ha! Evidence!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

I know that my Head and faculty leader are 100% behind me and that is good. I just get frustrated with parents who think they could do better. Yeah, Mr. A., come on into my classroom any day and teach a better music lesson than me. I dare ya.

Grrr...parents.

Well, in the time it's taken me to write this, I'm pretty much over it. I just needed a little vent.

I suppose I'll keep this little update short and sweet because I am at school, on one of my free periods.

Just under three weeks, people. Meg's a'comin' home!! Watch out, California.

No comments: