- The Tet Offensive began in Vietnam.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson announced he would not seek re-election.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated.
- Parisian students rioted in the streets of Paris.
- Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated.
By all accounts, it was a tumultuous year. It was also ten years before I existed.
And it was also the year where a young man and woman married after only knowing each other for six months, embarking on a life together that would include many adventures, two children, and plenty of dogs and cats.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Here's to 46 years (36 of them with me in your life). And here's to many more. I love you!