Friday, November 01, 2013

Days of Thankfulness, Day 1

My life is far too hectic to even think about attempting NaNoWriMo this year, so instead, I've decided to do the Thirty Days of Thankfulness that I've seen floating around Facebook and Twitter...but just do it here on the LPB. Let's see if I can remember to do this all thirty days of November...

I have so many things to be thankful for, and today, I start with a very obvious one that has been getting a lot of attention on my blog of late: my new job.

I am thankful for the opportunity I've been given. I am thankful for kids who love to sing, a school that supports the arts, and a boss who lets me run my program and recognizes that I've got the education and experience to do this (and because he recognizes it in me, I recognize it in myself. How 'bout that?).

I am thankful for the twenty-minute commute down Sierra College Boulevard that affords a gorgeous view of the Sierra Nevadas at sunrise, and I am thankful for the beautiful facilities I work in.

I have awesome kids.

I have an office!!

Massive choral library at my fingertips (and students who have helped me
file most of that mountain away now).

No comments: