Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Week In Instagram (Week #39)

What a Wild and Absolutely True kind of week it was! In the best way. So busy, so full of hopes and fears (Keane reference, there) and so amazing.

Sunday:

The calm before the storm included finishing my syllabus.
The school's theme this year is the "essential piece" idea.

I painted my nails a powerful red in preparation.

Monday:
This is the Sacramento Valley, viewed from the hills of
Lincoln, at 5:00 in the morning. I saw two Perseid meteors!

Ready to go!

A very tired teacher relaxing in her office after a successful
first day.

Birthday margaritas with Sarah at Chevy's.

I got sombrero'd.

Birthday cupcake!

Millie dug the sombrero, apparently.
Tuesday:

Anonymous card at work. I'm glad I've joined, too!

I set up my new mini fridge in my office, great for keeping
healthy snacks and plenty of water on hand.

PEST stands for Parents E____ Supporting Teachers and
it's a lovely thing to find something like this in your
mailbox. That card, by the way has been SPENT.
Wednesday:

Red pants, adorable (and comfy) ballet flats by Nine West.
School lanyard hanging from my pocket.

Just because the whole week is insanely busy doesn't mean
I skimp on workouts! Did lunges and step-ups with these
bad boys, then leg-pressed 150 pounds.

Sigh. It never lasts.

My birth state. I wear this shirt for workouts sometimes.
Thursday:

"Have a good day at work, Mommy!" I had to stop and take
this pic as I left. She's so cute!

Wore a new scarf on Thursday. Mom and Dad bought it for
me in San Diego last week.
Friday:

The first of 900 of these that I will receive this year. I don't
even have a show choir.

And even if I did, there's NO WAY I'd put the girls in
something this ugly.

On Friday evening, I attended the annual staff barbecue.
Staff offspring were welcome, and the admin team rented
bouncy houses and trains and even a gigantic slip-and-slide.
It was a lot of fun. This location, that looks like a park, is our
campus. Lovely!
I am far too tired/lazy to take pics today. I don't plan on doing anything exciting, unless you count watching movies on my bed exciting. I don't. I call it relaxing, and that is just what I need today!

1 comment:

Erik Ammon said...

Meg it really looks like you found a great place to work! Congrats on that! And, congrats on those nail chipping 20 pounders for lunges and squats!!