Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Today is so much more than a day off from work--we all know this. Growing up the daughter of a veteran, a man who devoted 21 years of his life to the Air Force during two major conflicts of the 20th Century (Vietnam and the Cold War), has given me some perspective, I suppose. Dad has so many stories, and I'm grateful that he's willing to tell them.

Last week, he sent me an email with this video in it--the Path of the Warrior. It is very touching, and I want to share it here. Give it a few minutes of your day. The hot dogs will wait.



And if you have a little extra time, and want to spend 17 minutes watching something extremely touching, click this link and watch actor Gary Sinise honor his Uncle Jack, a WWII veteran, in a really unique and awesome way (it pays to have connections!).

Or, just enjoy a few pictures from my personal collection, taken in France in 2005.

American Cemetery


Dad and I at the cemetery, overlooking Omaha Beach,

Omaha Beach, one site of the massive D-Day landings.

At Point du Hoc, nature takes it back.

Point du Hoc

Utah Beach, near where the Easy Company paratroopers of "Band of
Brothers" fame landed on D-Day.

Mom looking for seashells.

No comments: