Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stuff

I've had a pretty lazy weekend, gearing up for the next couple of days. Tomorrow, you see, is my debut concert at Petite School, so of course, I'm quite nervous.

All of my students are performing; it should be quite sweet. My first and second graders are so happy when they practice "Puff, the Magic Dragon" and my choir is so energetic and cute. But still, a music teacher is always going to be nervous watching her young musicians get up on stage. I'll be glad when it's finished and I can stop waking up to dreams that the choir forgot all words to the songs!

One of my kinder classes gave me a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble, so after the show, I might stop there on my way home to spend it. I need some good reads and I am wanting to get something about Abraham Lincoln, now that I finally (today) got around to seeing "Lincoln" in the theaters. Daniel Day-Lewis was phenomenal, and so was Sally Field. It was an excellent period piece and I admit to getting a little teary at the end (we all know what happened to Lincoln, so no spoilers here).

So tomorrow will be a busy day of running, setting up, dress rehearsal, concert, etc. I'll be a bundle of nervous energy all day. On Tuesday, I have to return the sound equipment we're renting, get my teeth cleaned (yay) and find time in there somewhere to go to the gym. That night, I have a fun Christmas party at a pub in Sacramento, and therefore, an excuse to dress up a little, shake my tail feathers at any cute guys that cross my path (I'm getting better at this).

But for now, it's bed time. A lady needs her beauty sleep if she's to make it through a hectic few days with grace and dignity.

No comments: