Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Next Day

I actually have a lot I want to say, and I want to share some of the really lovely things people have said to me in the last 36 hours...but I was distracted by the election and endless texting back and forth with a friend tonight. It was a much-needed distraction, and one that has made me smile a little.

I will just say that I'm still sort of in shock, and it's hard for me to accept that my little dude is really gone. The tears still come pretty easily.

Millie knows. She's extra clingy, extra cuddly. She follows me to the bathroom, even tried to climb in the shower with me today, which made me laugh.

We miss our boy like you wouldn't believe.

2 comments:

Erik Ammon said...

:( Our son's hamster had died about 6-7 months ago. They had to do a personal narrative and he decided to write about the day Anakin died. It was so moving to read!

On a happy note, our cat follows us everywhere, especially me, his favorite playmate. He'll sit outside the shower and tries to get in regularly. He follows me from room to room. It's really funny if I'm putting laundry away- he follows me back and forth around the room. Hilarious!

Meg said...

Sounds like Millie! She is especially clingy this week.

*sigh* What a week. Thank you for your kind words.