Thursday, October 04, 2012

There She Goes Again...

Inspiration struck a few days ago, and I wrote a short piece for Divine Caroline, called Leaving Bridget Jones Behind.

I've actually been thinking about this topic for a while; it started when someone I was once friends with sent me a Dear Jane email (odd, yes) a couple of years ago, around this time of year. As one common theme of my friendship with the letter-writer had been endless quoting of Bridget and her friends, it seemed only fitting that as I left Bridget behind in my own life, the letter-writer might start to see me in a different light (it wasn't me, you see, it was her, prompting my friend Summer to ask, "Wait, is she dumping you like she would a boyfriend?!").

Anyway, this is short but sweet, and it was also featured on the home page at Divine Caroline.


No comments: