Monday, September 10, 2012

ARGH

I do my best to avoid oversharing here at the Little Pink Blog, but today, I simply can't avoid it. Everyone knows I'm supposed to be at goal weight pretty much any minute now...and here I am, not there.

Oh, I'm close. I weighed in today at 131.6. Not too shabby, but also not where I should be. I was 132.4 two weeks ago.

Why the slow weight loss?

Simple. Stupid hormones.

In this case, I can't really blame my body. It is supposed to be...but not supposed to be...having a period right now. Kind of. But not. Don't worry, I'll explain.

A few weeks ago, I noticed I was running out of Ortho Tri-Cyclen and made a note on my weekly goal list to make an appointment with Planned Parenthood. They only give me three months worth of pills at a time because they want to monitor what the pill does to my blood pressure. Fair enough.

The week went by and despite that note being on my list, I didn't do it. Oops. Another week. Double oops. Finally, I got myself into Planned Parenthood. My blood pressure was just fine (yay!!) and I got four months worth of pills and was sent on my merry way. Excellent!

I was advised to start the pills that day, and NOT to wait for my next period. So I did.

And now, two weeks into that pack, unexpectedly, Auntie Flo arrived on my doorstep late last week, bringing with her the bloat and water of normal, and also, a special treat: cramps that would make an elephant homicidal. I've spent most of the last three days rubbing my back and wanting to cry while snapping at my cat to stop looking at me.

So that's why I'm not at goal weight. But I'm close. As soon as my body figures out that I'm pumping it full of period-go-away hormones, things will hopefully get back to normal.

And now, because I know that no one in the blogosphere cares about the state of my menstrual cycle, I will move along.

No comments: