Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Know You're a Rock Star...

You know you are a fitness rock star when...
  • Your trainer looks at your bruised elbow and simply says, "Ohhhhh!!"
  • He also gets a big grin on his face when you tell him you finished the run after falling yesterday, and
  • Praises you for coming to the gym to work out after the fall, but also,
  • Knowing when to listen to your body and put off that strength training workout for a day to let your body recover.
  • Oh, and when he looks at the workout you made up for yourself and says, "Yes. Very good."

I'm still sore today--especially my elbow but also just overall--but I managed to finish my workout. Three sets of ten Turkish Get-Ups, one minute intervals of jumping squats, lunge-and-twists, side lunges, side planks (much as my elbow would let me), and bicep curl/presses. Oh, and I chased it all with Tabata intervals on the treadmill--incline 11, 5.5 miles per hour.

I had thought about swimming, and lamented to M. that I didn't run this morning, but Mr. Reasonable himself just smiled at me and said, "You've done your workout for today." Translation: Don't overdo it.

So tomorrow, I hope to run again, then swim. Because I strength trained today, I will skip tomorrow and do it on Thursday instead.

M. just laughed quietly today and said, "It's almost like you're addicted to working out." He thinks it's awesome...and so do I.

No comments: