Monday, June 25, 2012

What's Up?

I feel like all I ever blog about anymore is fitness this, body image that. Obviously, I spend a lot of time these days focusing on this part of my life. I run 5-6 days a week, swim 3-4, and strength train 3. I've been exhausted every night--I'm typing this post at 6:30 in the evening and thinking that bed sounds really, really good.

But what else have I been up to? Here's a few little things.

Well, obviously, there's Keane...

Woohoo! This Saturday, I'm heading to Oakland to see my boys. I'm really excited to see them live again, and hopefully meet them after the show. On Sunday, they're doing a small gig at Amoeba Records in San Francisco, so I'll be at that, as well. Summer is, of course, going with me on Saturday, but Sunday I'll be on my own, so I plan to drive into the city early and hang out in the Haight taking pictures and taking in the unique vibe of that particular neighborhood.

...And the ongoing job hunt.

There's a trend I'm noticing--there are tons of music jobs opening up in the schools--this is great news! And a great many of them are part-time. Not exactly conducive to getting me out on my own again, but that's okay. Just getting a part-time position would be great. I could supplement it with subbing and private lessons (I'm up to five students right now and enjoying all of them). Mom and Dad are okay with me staying.

Of course, I've got my ESL Arts gig coming in a few weeks. I've been to one meeting and we have another soon. It's all very exciting, and the team is fantastic. I look forward to meeting the kids.

Then there's NASCAR.

I've been following NASCAR a little more closely this year because after a few really hard-to-watch seasons, my boy Dale Jr. is finally having a stellar season again. Whatever clicked, it clicked in a big way. He won a race a week ago, and he's inching closer to the top spot in the points standings all the time.

A lovely and awesome friend actually gave me tickets to Sunday's race in Sonoma, but I didn't end up using them. I'm saving my extra money for Keane this weekend, and all of the driving involved with getting to Oakland and then San Francisco and then back home.

And can I just tell you how in love I am?

With my iPhone.

What a marvelous and awesome piece of technology. I fully admit that I've become that lady who posts Instagram pictures of her feet at the gym with captions like, "Gonna kick some booty!!" What can I say? I'm obnoxious.

However, that phone is awesome in so many other ways. I now have unlimited texting (didn't on the old phone) and I can actually receive and hold onto calls here at home! I can't tell you how awful it was, calling potential employers back from the land line and apologizing that my phone had dropped them because I live in an apparent dead zone. For some reason, that's not a problem with the iPhone. Not one dropped call or, "Meg! I can't hear you!!!" since I've had it.

So yeah...I'm kinda boring these days.

Well, I'm enjoying myself, but as you can see, my life isn't all that blog-worthy unless I'm discussing my running or swimming. Of course, when I get home on Sunday evening, I will have tons of pictures and stories to share from my Keane weekend.

And hopefully soon I'll be posting my excitement when I'm offered a teaching position for the school year--even just a 50% contract. Something to get me back into the classroom. I miss it so.

I'll sign off with a gratuitous cat picture. Everyone's fat and happy (well, Millie is still skinny, but she eats like a fat cat and is a very happy girl).


No comments: