Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rosie Pro and the Incredible Mess

Last night, Mom and Dad went out for a little while, leaving me here at home to do what I normally do--hang out in my room.

At about 10:00, I heard a loud crash, which startled me. Figuring it was one of the four cats that live in this house, I went to the living room to investigate. The cats seemed startled, but there was no mess, and no tell-tale evidence, such as a fuzzed-out feeling fleeing the scene of the crime.

It was dark out, and the shutters were all wide open, so I turned on a few lamps to ease my mind, and went back to my room. Ten or so minutes later, again, CRASH.

Now I was worried. Was someone trying to break in? I called Dad on his cell phone. He and Mom were on their way home, so I told him I was a little nervous and glad they were coming. Within a few minutes, I could hear the garage door going up (the garage shares a wall with my bedroom), so I got up and went to greet them.

I was greeted by my parents' shocked faces and a huge mess.

Turns out a set of shelves in our garage had completely collapsed, leaving boxes of stuff all over the floor--and my poor intrepid little Protege, Rosie.

A few minutes later, the shelf fell off the wall.



I woke up at 5:00 this morning, so by 5:30 I was out in the garage. I pulled Mom's van out, set up a folding table, and started hauling the mess out from between my car and the wall. Finally, I was able to back my car out without risking running over broken pottery shards (a container full of plant pots was destroyed), and now the garage is looking quite as it should.

Sunday morning, 6AM...my exciting life.

Some of the casualties included some old Christmas
ornaments.

All the boxes on the floor were already there--that's
my eBay stuff.
When Dad woke up, I beckoned to him to follow me. We walked in the garage and much to his surprise, it was far less chaotic. "Happy Father's Day," was my response to his thanks. A little while later, he led Mom out there and I followed to see her reaction. "You did this?!" exclaimed Mom to Dad. "Meg did."

I just wanted to dig poor Rosie out of the mess!

No comments: