Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Walk At Duck

***So, the title of this post was a typo (the word was supposed to be "dusk"), but I decided to keep it because I was accompanied tonight by my trusty duck friend, Mr. Swimmy.***

I ate a very delicious cookie tonight and then immediately felt guilty. I also felt a bit restless and bored, so I decided a good stomp was in order. I call it a stomp because I did, literally, stomp my way through large parts of my 2.7-mile walk. I was using the lovely but snake-inhabited nature paths through the neighborhood and didn't really want to encounter any slithery creatures.

I got some pictures--alas, my batteries started to run out before I got to the part of my walk where I saw the goats that visit every year to eat down the grass and reduce fire hazards. Still, I got some lovely sunset pics and, well, you know, the obligatory picture of myself with a duck on my head.

My Mizunos in action

I can walk (fast) and take a pic of myself whilst balancing a rubber duck
on my head. Talent: I haz it.

Blurry. Oops. Well, that's Keane's newest album, which I listened to
for the whole of my walk.

This is part of my daily walking warm-up route. The path goes down a
hill through a protected wildlife habitat area.

Swimmy and I were loving the gorgeous sunset.


Yes, that is a smooshed snake. It's been there for a few weeks now and
it still gives me the creeps. Fortunately, it's the only snake I saw tonight.


In the distance, those are the Sutter Buttes.

I managed to get one picture of the dogs that guard the goats before my
camera screamed at me to cease and desist. Alas, no pics of the baby
goats tonight.

No comments: