Thursday, May 24, 2012

Loving My Body...She's Got Legs

I've been really dismayed, lately, to find that sometimes, I still only see the flaws in my body--a body that has come so far in three years. Let's put aside the sizes and weights and get to the most awesome change I've seen in myself--strength.

Three years ago, I could not run a mile. Now I can run three.

Three years ago, I could not do a push-up. Now, I can.

It kills me that every time I look in a mirror or critique a photo of myself, I focus on the things I haven't fixed yet--the flab on my tummy, the cellulite on my bum--because those are just minor things compared to the wonderful changes I've made in my body.

So I've decided to celebrate the various parts of me. Today, I'm starting with my legs.

I had a job interview today, and because my normal slacks and blouses were all in the laundry bin, I wore a dress with heels. As I walked by a large window of a business near the interview place, I noticed...well, hot damn. My legs look good!

Sure, there's some cellulite around my thighs and my knee has been a jerk this week. My legs are not skinny, but they are strong. They run, they squat, they lunge, and they kick a little ass and take a few names. I'm immensely proud of them.

Here they are, in all their glory.

Pardon the random bruises--I bruise really easily and spent about thirty
minutes having my way with the foam roller this morning at the gym.
And the best part? They no longer rub together so much when I wear a dress that I sweat and get really irritated. Never mind smaller clothing sizes--one of the biggest perks of losing weight is not setting your underwear on fire with the friction from your thighs rubbing together. Trust.

3 comments:

alana said...

Love!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I know exactly what you are talking about in that last paragraph. Your legs look great!

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

Girl, your legs are HOT! :) You should be proud.