Monday, November 07, 2011

The Devil Made Him Do It?

Oh, Harley. What am I going to do with him?

We had this recent conversation:

Me: Harley!

Harley: Mew!

Me: Why are you such a butt?!

Harley: Mew?

I swear, he really did voice that second "mew" as a question, as if he was saying, "Who, me?!" Yes, you, Harley Doodlebug!

Of course, I adore that boy to no end, but I don't really love his fascination with eating plants. Here's the evidence:

Exhibit A: A week ago, I found this poor plant completely
removed from its pot.

Exhibit B: It left a mess on my just-cleaned bathroom
counter.

Exhibit C: I almost stepped on this in the dark of the early morning a few days
ago.

A fresh trail of dirt shows the route in which the perpetrator dragged the
victim from plant pot to bathroom floor.

"I admit nothing. I know my rights and I want to speak to my attorney."

Lest you think I am being unfair in accusing Harley, let me be very clear--he is the only cat in this house who has ever shown an interest in eating Mom's houseplants. And he had a telltale leaf in his mouth when I found Exhibits A and B.

The evidence doesn't lie, jury. What say you? Guilty or Not Guilty?

No comments: