Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Dear Universe,

I understand that Kim Kardashian (or maybe Khloe or Kourtney or Kasey or Kylie or Kutie or Kandy or Kaylahlahlah) got a divorce this week. I don't particularly give a shit, but I can't escape the headlines.

Log into Yahoo to check my email? A tell-all video of how she broke the news to her mother, or perhaps an article about the pre-nup, are the leading headlines. Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook...I cannot escape it. Everyone seems to think I want to know all about the Kardashians and their kares and troubles, when I kan't be kalled on to kare about them for anything.

Say, universe, did you know that Occupy Oakland is trying to shut down Oakland today? I mean, they have a good chance of closing the port--the fifth-busiest port in the country, or maybe even the world--and you are telling me all about Kim Kardashian's sham of a marriage?! Who gives a flying rat's ass?! Not me!

Look, if you're going to give me frivolous news brought to me by the letter K, make it about Keane, okay?

Sincerely,

Meg of the LPB.

No comments: