Friday, July 01, 2011

Stuff and Things and Assorted News

Right, I haven't been very bloggy of late, have I?

Things suddenly got BUSY in all caps. This is good, because the busy I speak of means job interviews (four in the last two weeks, including one today) and getting out of the apartment and feeling productive.

I've been trying to go to bed early each night (and failing miserably because I'm reading Jane Eyre for the first time in my life and I cannot put it down--but that's a whole blog post of its own), and I've been getting up at obscenely early times (4:30 last Friday to go to King City, 5:30 other mornings).

Tonight, it's rather nice to find myself with time to blog and play on the computer a little. I've just scheduled more Monday Music and Wordless Wednesday posts. This week I've been scanning some pictures from my college days (I decided I don't want the disintegrating old albums cluttering my life anymore so I took out the best pics and am in the process of scanning them all) and I'd like to blog some of those. My work outs haven't been so great this week, but I did make myself run on the treadmill after my interview this morning.

I have something to feel hopeful about and am asking for all the good vibes my dear readers can send--I don't want to say anything for fear it won't come through, but it is something I really want and am really hoping for. I'm just starting my second year of unemployment benefits and am hoping I won't need them beyond August.

Yesterday I cleaned my little apartment from back to front, side to side and top to bottom. It sparkles and shines today. I love a clean apartment--with two cats and one long-haired lady in residence, the hair can get out of control. But tonight, it's clean and it smells fresh (even though it's been closed up tight all day with the A/C on).

I'm excited about Independence Day. It's a great holiday, and this year, my friend Summer and her husband are having a barbecue. Their parties are always fun--interesting people, good food, not crowded, and just laid-back and enjoyable. Summer asked if I'd bring my super-easy, very yummy salsa-bean dip (tomatoes, avocado, onion, beans, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder--toss, and eat with tortilla chips. See? Easy.). I'll make that on Sunday and then let it chill in the fridge.

Tomorrow is a lovely lazy day--I plan to allow myself to sleep in. No alarm clock, no forced wake-up. Of course, this means I'll probably wake up to two wrestling felines at 6:00. I do intend to have a good workout, but after that, I want to allow myself some time for working on cards or a scrapbook project. Tomorrow night's NASCAR race is at Daytona, and it's the 10-year anniversary (minus 5 days) of the first race I ever watched. Dale Earnhardt Jr. won that one and I'm hoping he'll win tomorrow, ending a three-year winless streak.

So yes, a nice rambling post for tonight. I have some other posts up my sleeve--I want to do another sign picture post, and resurrect another post from the now-defunct "Anxious Traveler" blog. I'd also like to upload some of those college pics to share. Better get on it...

Cheers!

No comments: