Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's A Sign: The Best of San Francisco (So Far)

Obviously, I make a lot of trips into that lovely City By the Bay, and every time I'm there, I find new signs to take pictures of.

Here are some of my favorites that I've found in the last few years that I've been going out of my way to take pictures of signs.


I love these old signs--they're always so colorful and stand-out.


Ahhh, very punny!

I love signs that are in multiple languages, for some reason.

I think I've found my new career.



This is more street art than sign, but I don't care.

I took this while sitting in traffic at a red light, laughing hysterically and
trying to figure out if this truly was the lane I needed to be in for the
Golden Gate Bridge.

One of the more touristy signs.

Ahhh, the Embarcadero.


Groovy

Take a few blocks before the crooked part.

This is somewhere in the Tenderloin.

Somewhere in the Mission District.

I wish all old theaters could be restored and make a
comeback.

What an awesome gig that was!

Wash that naughty laundry!

At a restaurant in Pier 39.

Rare that I'm in one of my own sign pics. I'm such a rebel.

Japantown

If you guessed "The Haight," you get a cookie!

*gags delicately*

This makes my Top 10 signs list. If the subtle humor of this one goes over
your head...well, I'm sorry for you.

Another great vintage sign.

No comments: