Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Cause and Effect

On Sunday, I noticed that the cartridge on my Schick Intuition razor was needing replacement, so I took out the last new cartridge and set it on the bathroom counter.

Last night, I heard a random crashing sound coming from either the 2nd bedroom or the bathroom and did not get out of bed to investigate. I simply yelled, "Harley! Knock it off!!" and continued reading my book.

This morning, I walked by the 2nd bedroom and noticed it was starting to stink a bit.

A little later, I pulled a plastic grocery bag out and emptied the bathroom garbage into it. Then I scooped the litter boxes into that same bag.

A few minutes after that, I started prepping for my shower. I reached to the bathroom counter for that Intuition cartridge. It wasn't there.

And all of these seemingly random events explain how I ended up, wrapped in a bath towel, grabbing the garbage bag off my doorstep and rooting through cat excrement looking for the cartridge so I could shave my legs today.

(For the faint of heart, the cartridge comes wrapped in a plastic case, so there is no residual cat poo on my razor!)

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

I'm not sitting here giggling. I have total empathy for desperate diving through an excrement filled bag. (No, really, those aren't chortles you hear... just clearing my throat.) Medicine, toothbrushes (my one and only)and makeup have all been buried in the cat pan at one time or another.