Monday, February 21, 2011

Almost Perfect

While I was up at Mom and Dad's house last week, Mom and I visited our favorite used book store in Roseville. Almost Perfect Books is one of those places that has about a gazillion books. So many books, they don't have enough shelf space for them.

On the one hand, I love this place because there are so many books. On the other, my inner neat freak goes absolutely bananas the minute I walk in the door and I'm overwhelmed within about five minutes. I simply can't stay long in this store without wanting to scream, "BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS?!"

They are also not computerized. They keep track of people's store credit using index cards. I don't know how they do this. (How did we survive in the Dark Ages, otherwise known as the 1990s? Pre-Internet?) I just know that they do not have computers, only calculators. It boggles my mind.

Anyway, last time, I snapped a couple of surreptitious pictures--you probably think I'm exaggerating about the clutter. I assure you, I'm not.

The whole store is like this. This is just the kid's section.


Though I complain about the mess, I do love this bookstore. I never walk out without at least one book to read.

Just don't ask me where anything is.

No comments: