Thursday, December 02, 2010

Fashion Smashion...Red Delicious

For Chorale rehearsal on Tuesday, I decided to do a simple look. I got more compliments in that evening than I have in ages. All because of my red hat and scarf. I wore both most of the evening because the old church we use for rehearsal is drafty and cold. I was told--more than once--that red is my color, and I wonder if part of the love wasn't also due to my bright purple eyeshadow. I often wear purple eyeliner--it brings out the green in my eyes--but have more recently been pairing it with shadow, too. And red lippie.



What I wore:

Skinny jeans (those again--so comfy!) from Old Navy
Black cotton t-shirt (long sleeves)
Black coat from Kohl's
Red scarf--hand made, bought at a craft faire
Red hat from Accessorize in England

4 comments:

Sa said...

You look smashing! That smile! :) I wish we could go shopping together.

Miz Minka said...

In FB lingo: *LIKE*!!!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Whoa, woman! You look like a million bucks... 'specially that last pic! Red is, indeed, you!!

They tell me pink is my color... LOL! Not that I have anything against pink (and if I did, I wouldn't say it to the lady with the little pink blog!) but somehow it never seems like... well... me!

Got a pink tropical print shirt to torture a co-worker who hates pink (yes, we his friends have" dress in pink" days to make him feel loved). My sis saw me in it and gifted me a violently pink shirt. I got more compliments when I wore those than anything else in my wardrobe. So, last winter, I caved and bought myself a fuchsia cable knit sweater. Yep, more compliments. Go figure.

Meg said...

Thank you, ladies! You can never go wrong with a splash of color, right? I think next week I'll pull out my purple hat and matching scarf/gloves. :)