Thursday, October 28, 2010

Purge, Baby, Purge!

The last couple of days, I've been feeling the need to clean and purge. There's negative energy in my apartment, and my natural reaction, of course, is to oust it with Clorox and the Hoover. And a bag for Goodwill.

This afternoon I went through a box of pictures, figuring it's okay to get rid of the washed-out ones, the ones of someone's backside, etc. I kept the most special pictures and put them in some little photobooks I have. Some I'm going to scan and then get rid of, figuring the memories will always be available on my hard drive (which reminds me, I really need to buy a back-up hard drive to keep stuff on. I went through a few boxes in my 2nd bedroom and purged a few items.

Tomorrow, I will attack this place with disinfectant and dust rags. The last time I did a "Big Deep Clean" was when the Peanuts Gang left in July, so I'm overdue. I clean--I just haven't done the picky little things like dusting the baseboards and pulling furniture out to vacuum.

When that is done, I'm sure the positive energy will take over and I'll be able to relax this weekend in the forecasted rainy weather. : )

In other awesome news: I started tutoring today! One of my fellow sopranos in Chorale teaches fifth grade at a nearby school, so I helped out in her classroom. It was very rewarding, and great to be working with kids again. I love teaching! I'll be going 2-3 days a week for a few hours to help her kids. She's got struggling readers, and a lot of her kids are struggling with their multiplication. It will look good on my resume, and I can go to job interviews and tell people that I did more in my year of unemployment than just sit around reading the Keane forum, playing Pet Society and Farm Town on Facebook, and blogging. : )

On Saturday I've been asked to help with Adoption Day for AFC. The usual ladies are not available and Marian needs extra hands on deck, as PetCo will be having their Halloween Pet Parade (dogs in costumes--cute, but scary for foster cats). She wants someone there to help keep the cats calm, and help remind people to keep their dogs away from the cages. Not all cats are dog people. Some do okay, but some haven't been exposed to dogs, and they get frightened. There's going to be a lot of activity that afternoon. I'm happy to help.

So there's a lot going on. I'm heading into a busy few weeks, what with Chorale performing the Mozart soon, Mom's craft faire coming up, and my normal activities. Staying busy keeps me from going insane, so bring it on.

No comments: