Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) starts on Monday, and I'm thinking of joining the fun this year.

You may have noticed from this very blog that I can certainly churn out a lot of words--both meaningful and not-so-much, and I think, without a full-time job in the way, I could easily churn out 50,000 words in 30 days. The whole point is not to have a ready-for-publishing novel, but simply to write a novel. Instead of putting if off as something to do "someday," do it now!

I have some ideas floating around. Maybe I'll write them down and see if I think they've got enough meat to turn into something more. One idea? A woman's journey through weight loss to a stronger body and more ability to love herself, quirks and all. People say, "write what you know." It's a place to start, anyway.

Oh, and the tentative title? Wild and Absolutely True.

2 comments:

Sa said...

I'm doing it! I'd love to have a buddy I can complain to :)!

Meg said...

Oh, good! We'll have to encourage each other!