Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meg And The Incredible Vomiting Felines

I learned something new today--turns out canned food (known 'round these parts as Tuna Time) is actually an important part of a housecat's diet. I had been giving less of it to the cats these last few days because this apartment had become Vomit Central.

I reached my wits' end last night when I found that Duchess had vomited on my unmade bed...right where I sleep. I ended up sleeping on my fold-out couch, which is comfortable enough...but so not my bed.

So I called Marian today, my go-to for cat advice. She knows everything and is always willing to educate people. She told me that the food I've been giving them (sometimes Friskies, sometimes Fancy Feast) is too rich for most cats, and contains a lot of byproducts, which is like giving your cat McDonald's. So after cleaning cages at PetCo today, I picked up a few cans of Max Cat and came home to serve up some Tuna Time.

So far, so good. Harley barfed in the living room this evening but everyone else seems fine. They chowed down on the tuna, but also left it to come back to, and throughout the afternoon and evening, everyone came back to nibble on the leftovers. Finally I washed out the little bits that were left, which were starting to congeal.

Anyway, no one comes to my blog for updates on the stomach upsets of Millie, Harley, Bella and Duchess, so I'll just stop talking and start posting some cute pictures I've taken over the last few days...when they're not up-chucking all over my carpet, bed, kitchen floor, etc.

Bella Blue

Millie Joyful

Awww...

Duckie and Harley share some sunshine.

My pretty babies.

Bella (back) and Duchess (front)

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Indeed they are most adorable when not puking! ;-)