Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Busy Bee

It's a good thing I'm feeling so much better now, because this week is shaping up to be a little on the busy side.

Yesterday was pretty lazy--I did work out (very lightly, as my lungs are not quite ready to run just yet), and I watched "An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Marvelous! I will admit to crying at the end.

Today I've been busy doing some light cleaning and packing. See, tomorrow, I'll be off early to drive to San Francisco. I'm meeting up with Annie, a Keane friend, and we'll bum around for the day before going to a GREAT concert tomorrow evening--Mt. Desolation (a side project for Tim and Jesse of Keane) and Mumford and Sons. Both groups are really fun, and I'm excited to see them both. It will be great to meet Annie and hang out for the day, too.

I'll get home very, very late, only to turn around the next morning, pack the four cats into their boxes (this is going to be interesting) and get everyone loaded into the car. I'm going to Mom and Dad's house, hoping to beat them home from the airport. That's right, Mom and Dad will be home soon! I've really missed them.

I just had an email from Dad. They're disembarking from the ship in a bit (it took me a few minutes to remember that it's Wednesday for them already) in Singapore. They'll spend the night in a hotel and fly out "tomorrow," which is their Thursday, my Wednesday. They'll arrive home to California on Thursday. It will definitely be Thursday for them in California when they land. Time zones! Crazy.

Anyway, lots to look forward to, and a rainy weekend in the forecast, which makes me happy. We got a good dumping of rain on Sunday and I loved every minute of it. I had my windows open for the fresh air and the sound of rain hitting the ground outside. It was our first real rain in months, and I'd love to get some more.

So things will be a little quiet for the rest of today (I have Chorale rehearsal tonight) and all of tomorrow. Sometime on Thursday, I'll post, because I know I'll be anxious to share the pictures of my concert adventure. If all goes well, there will be a ducky adventure (not Duckie as in Mom's cat, but ducky as in "rubber ducky") for me to write about, too. I'll just leave you hanging with that one... ; )

No comments: