Friday, October 15, 2010

Back To The Gym

I went to the gym this morning. The last time I worked out was last Friday, and I've been missing the endorphin rush I get.

Of course, I'm not ready to run or do anything really hard yet, so I walked on one of the treadmills. I set the speed at 3.5 miles per hour and the incline at 6.0. I made it just shy of a mile-and-a-half when my body told me, "Okay, it's time to stop."

I chatted with a lady I'm friendly with who has also worked with Gershom. She happens to be a nurse and she told me that the walking is great, but definitely not to push it until my body is back to normal. After my time on the treadmill, I was sweating and breathing as though I'd just run a few miles, so I know that I was right to stop when I did.

I feel great for having worked out, though. The endorphins help me feel better, and make my body heal. I've only had to use my inhaler a couple of times today, and will probably use it before bed tonight just to make sure everything is clear.

I aim to keep walking on the treadmill, and adding some weights and such until my body is back to normal and I can resume my usual butt-kicking workout regime. I won't even try running until I've finished my antibiotics (so Tuesday, perhaps). But I can do some other stuff to keep the blood flowing and the boredom from settling in.

Wow. I really have become a gymbo.

No comments: