Sunday, August 29, 2010

Minor Annoyances

Neither incident that I'm about to write about is really worth posting a whole blog about. However, this cartooning thing is kind of fun, in that they're supposed to absolutely suck.

Annoyance #1: Use your INDOOR voice!

As usual, I headed over to PetCo at 10:00 this morning to clean cat cages for AFC. And also as usual, I had at least one loud, obnoxious child with a clueless parent on hand to make my job harder.

Look, I get it. Kids love animals, and yes, it is kind of cute when they see the animal and make the sound the animal makes. However, there's a difference between a sweet kid softly saying, "meee-owwwoo!" and the monster child this morning that was saying,

"MEEEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWOOOOO!!!!! MEEEEOOOWWWWWOOOOO!!! KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!! MEEEEOOOOOWWWWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Mom, in the mean time, smiled indulgently as the meeeeooowwwwoooo kitties in question hid wherever they could.

To a cat, people are giants. Even little mini-people, like the 4-6 year-old in question today, appear huge to a small feline. So while this kid's mom was thinking, "Awww, how cute, my baby knows her animal sounds!" the cats were thinking, "EEEKK!!! Get me OUTTA HERE!!!"

Meg is simply thinking, "Wonder if anyone would buy it if I 'accidentally' fling the contents of this litterbox on the kid?"

Annoyance #2: Green light, bozo!!

On the way home from PetCo, I was driving down my street. I was a mile or two from home and ready to shower and then have a spot of lunch. I stopped a red light, the third car back, and watched with passing interest as a car just ahead of me in the left-turn lane (I was in the straight-ahead lane) had a hand poke out, waving at the car that was stopped directly in front of me.

The person driving the car in front of me stuck his hand out and then they proceeded to have a conversation--as the light turned green. The first car was off on its way, and the bozo in front of me was still chatting. One impatient honk from me was all it took, but Bozo did look a little annoyed to have his conversation interrupted. He wanted to talk!

Save it for Facebook, dude. Or email. Or cell phones. Or Twitter. But don't block a lady on her way home.

No comments: