Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saturday in the City

This is the last installment from Saturday's trip to the bay area. After visiting Tiburon, I decided to head back to San Francisco.

As I approached the Golden Gate Bridge, I was tuning the car radio, trying to find a good station to listen to. I'd been listening to some good modern instrumental jazz, but it was ruined by a "singer" who started talk-singing about the babe at its mother's breast, etc. It ruined the sophisticated jazzy moment for me, so I hit "scan" and promptly found a station that was just starting to play "Lights" by the band Journey.

Which is written about San Francisco. And Rosie Pro and I were a couple of football fields away from the Golden Gate Bridge. Perfect musical moment.

I drove around a little, stopping to take some pictures of the Palace of Fine Arts, and the (gorgeous, incredible, expensive) neighborhood around it. Then it was time to head back to the valley, so I drove across the city by the bay and hopped on the Bay Bridge.

No comments: