Friday, January 01, 2010

The Year To Come

2010 (MMX in Roman Numerals) is here. The United Nations has named it the International Year of Biodiversity.

It is an Olympic year, with the Winter Games being held in Vancouver, Canada.

The Netherlands Antilles will be politically dissolved and formed into five new constitual islands within the Netherlands government. Who knew?

General Motors is scheduled to release the Chevrolet Volt, an electric car. Whether this will help or hurt GM remains to be seen.




NASA will retire the Space Shuttle program and start the Constellation program.

On a more personal note, I will turn 32. One month after my mom turned 32 in 1978, she gave birth to me. As yet, I have no children (of the non-furry variety, anyway). I'm more than okay with this.

What else is in store? Time will tell. With school budget woes and other craziness, I could very well find myself out of a job come June. I'm starting to get a feeling that I will have to move on. Part of me doesn't want to--I'm happy enough in Stockton, love Chorale, and feel I could make a go of settling here--but there is part of me, I admit it, that longs for a new adventure. It all really comes down to seeing what happens in my school district.

I start of 2010 with a very clean apartment, a walk/jog this morning, and a lentil/black-eyed pea dish I'll be making later today.

Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: