Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh, Good Grief

There's a special deal going on at my gym, where if I buy 20 sessions with the trainer, I get four free. Deal ends tomorrow, so I've arranged to meet with G. at the gym tomorrow morning to pay for the sessions. It's his day off, but he doesn't want someone else getting credit for the sale (I guess they get some sort of commission). Fair enough, and I'm willing to work with him on this.

A few minutes ago, I texted him the following:

Is 9 too early to pay for more sessions tomorrow?


He replied:

How about 10am. Its my only day off and I want to meet you myself. But not that early. I'm going to run.


So I fired back with:

Will still be there suffering on the treadmill, so 10 is fine.


I just received his reply to that:

Cool, see you then. Not suffering, running 20,000 steps closer to your goal.


Well, hell, G., when you put it that way. I'd never thought about how many steps are in four-and-a-half miles. Now I'll probably drive myself crazy counting them or something. But, you know, yay for being encouraging and all that.

Good thing I just bought a set of three Bill Bryson audio books on iTunes. I've read them all in print form, but these are read by the author himself, and they should keep me well entertained.

No comments: