Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eating Well

Last night I had a hankering for pizza. I also had to eat at least 700 calories more to make my day's quota (I can't go under 1,200 or over 1,500), so I decided a bit of a treat was in order.

I'm in love with Oroweat Sandwich Thins. Think whole wheat bread that is channeling sandwhich bread and hamburger buns. They're round, and two slices are about the width of one piece of normal sandwich bread. One sandwich thin is 100 calories. Oh, and they're trainer-approved.

Normally I only have one thin per meal, but because I was low on calories, I had two last night. I opened them up and put them on a cookie sheet. I spread 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (30 calories) over the four pieces of bread, then piled them high with mushrooms, zuchini, and bell pepper. I spread 1/2 a cup of fat free mozzarella cheese over the four pizzas (90 calories) and topped them off with black olives. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes and ended up with a 430-calorie meal--four mini-pizzas in all.

They were delicious. I scarfed them down while watching "Bride and Prejudice."



Eating healthy does not have to be boring!

No comments: