Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller

This morning during first period, I had the kids working on a music worksheet. They were quietly talking as they worked, and I overheard one kid ask another, "Why are you so short? Do you wish you were a baller? Do you wish you were taller?"
 
"No, no, no!" I interrupted. "It's...
 
I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her."
 
The whole class (14 8th graders) stopped and stared at me.
 
Then the giggles started. It's not every day that Ms. C. raps.
 
"Hey, I'm a music teacher. It's my job to correct these things."
 
A discussion ensued about whether I <em>really wished</em> these things. It might have gone on longer, but I just laughed, said, "Okay! Enough! Get back to work!"
 
This is what happens when these young whippersnappers think they know my generation's music better than me!

No comments: