Thursday, November 05, 2009

Half-Baked

I am a baking fool tonight.

I love baking, but with this whole trying-to-find-my-inner-hottie thing I've been doing this year, I can't justify baked goods...until tonight.

My mom is in charge of planning a huge craft faire that is taking place this weekend. Part of the faire is a big bake sale--the proceeds from the bake sale go to local charities. I'd already offered my support (and vodka) to Mom this weekend, and figured, what the hell, I may as well bake.

In preparation for this, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond last weekend and bought an awesome brownie pan that I saw advertised on TV--it has dividers, helping to make perfect brownies.

So far I've made Rocky Road Brownies, and I have a chocolate-chocolate chip bundt cake in the oven. The brownies are marvelous--of course I had to do a taste test! I undercooked them a wee bit, so they are not quite as perfect as the TV commercial promised. Next time, I'll fix this.

I have another batch of brownies and another bundt cake to make, and I might make some cupcakes, too, using my brand-spanking new silicone cupcake cups.

No comments: