Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crack the Shutters

I have a new appreciation for Snow Patrol since seeing them in concert a couple of weeks ago. They are so much more than "Chasing Cars" and "Run."

I highlighted "Just Say Yes" recently--it's an AWESOME song, and their newest single. But I also discovered a past single, "Crack the Shutters." It has got to be the sexiest song I've heard in a long time. When I really listened to the lyrics for the first time, I about swooned. Coupled with Gary Lightbody's sexy (Northern) Irish voice and, well, his looks...



You cool your bedwarm hands down
On the broken radiator
When you lay them freezing on me
I mumble can you wake me later

But I don't really want you to stop
And you know it so it doesn't stop you
You run your hands from my neck
To my chest

Crack the shutters open wide
I want to bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays
Tangle up around your face and body

I could sit here for hours
Finding new ways to be awed each minute
'Cause the daylight seems to want you
Just as much as I want you

Its been minutes Its been days,
I remember all I will remember
Happy lost in your hair
And the cold side of the pillow

Your hills and valleys
Are mapped by my intrepid fingers
And in a naked slumber
I dream all this again




No comments: