Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cat Mom

I've decided that being a cat mom has officially taken over my life.

Millie threw up three times this morning, and I spent part of my day worrying. Is the pancreatitis back? Just a hairball? Worry or wait? Cuddle her or let her rest? Is she dehydrated? (No.) WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

It means she had a hairball, because tonight, she's absolutely fine. I know this, because I've obsessively watched her. She ate, she drank, she cuddled, she purred, she cleaned herself. These are all excellent signs of good health.

Also, every few days comes that not-so-fun-but-definitely-necessary-task:



Doo-doo Dooty.

Tonight was one of those evenings. Usually, when I clean out the litter boxes, I run the vacuum around the 2nd bedroom to get the litter up out of the carpet. Tonight I kept the vacuum going into my bedroom, down the hall, and into the living room. I also moved some cat stuff around to make it more accessible to my hyperactive kitten.




I marvelled (bitterly) at the destruction said kitten has wreaked on my sofa, and then stuck a scratching post in front of the worst part to both hide the damage and encourage the little shit to scratch something else for a change.




You are reading the blog of a woman who keeps a cat bad on the coffee table so her furbabies can look out the window while they relax. Another cat bed is at the foot of my bed, but it's rarely used because both cats prefer to cuddle with me.




Today I went to PetSmart with two purposes:

1. Replace Harley's cat dancer toy--he LOVES it, and has worn his other one out. Also,

2. Harley needed a new collar, because his other one got chewed to death.




Why yes, my friends, that is a Harley Davidson cat collar! I could. Not. Resist.

Anyway, I took all these pictures while quietly laughing and shaking my head tonight--these two small creatures have taken over my life, my apartment, and my heart.

What can I say? I'm a mom.





4 comments:

MIXED said...

I think you are so awesome. I thought it was high time I let you in on my opinion. [:

Heather said...

Meggars - try putting tin foil over the part of the sofa where Harley is scratching. You will look like you are expecting a message from Krypton, but cats hate the feel of tinfoil and will avoid it.

Meg said...

I'll try the foil. Hell, I'll do a naked rain dance in the parking lot if it means Harley stops scratching! Okay, maybe not naked.

Miz Minka said...

I love the picture of Harley and Millie together. And that last one of Harley -- what a sweetie, captured purrfectly. (OK, OK, he's a sweetie when he's not being a butthead or destroying your couch!)

Word verification: scroteli

Oh, I could go places with that... :D (But I won't.)