Thursday, July 23, 2009

Millie Joyful

Millie's full name is Millennium Joy. A few years ago, Mom started calling her Millie Joyful, and it stuck as one of many nicknames for this spoiled-rotten cat. She really is a happy cat. She has grumpy moments (inspired by her snotwad little brother), but is, overall, affectionate and loving. Especially with me.

Anyway, the Little Dude gets a lot of blog attention of late, so it's high time I do a Millie post. I got some cute pictures on Tuesday night.





It's no secret that since December, when she had a bad bout with pancreatitis, I've worried about my girl. She is doing beautifully, and I hope that, as she approaches her 10th birthday, she continues to be healthy and happy. She's still much skinnier than I would like her to be. She's always been slender, but now I can feel her spine, though in the last few weeks, it seems to have a little bit more padding.

She's your basic lazy cat, for the most part. She sleeps a lot, but also has moments of spunk and playfulness. She does not let Harley get away with anything, and every night, she joins me in bed for cuddles. She's always liked sleeping on my chest or lap while I read, and then moving over by my side when I turn the lights off. We have our little routine, and it makes us both happy.

Her recent, ongoing bout with acne is finally clearing up, too. Now, instead of a red, raw-looking chin, she's growing her fur back and it's soft and white and fluffy again.

She is truly a special cat, in so many ways. I can't imagine life without her.

No comments: